Can't Alt-K to download & save + some other Q

tanjk

Can't Alt-K to download & save + some other Q

Post by tanjk »

Hi Alex,

Recently I attempted A.B.C.I.X. I get 1.8mil headers from newsfeeds.com. However, I notice Alt-K don't work anymore. Neither will 'Right Click'->'Download & Save with Priority'->Any number. What am I not doing right here? Windows Task manager shows NewsPro taking up almost 800MB of memory. I have 1GB and running on a AXP2k+.

Download and then Alt-A works though. Meaning, I have no automated way of saving the attachments.

In a related note, is there any way to automatically download and save (ala Alt-K) incomplete messages? I can only download and then save it manually.

Also, let's say I have downloaded a few attachments, short of clicking their headers and then Alt-A, is there an option to just say save all downloaded attachments? Ctrl-Alt-S doesn't do this. I'm asking because sometimes the tasks are suspended because I ran low on disk space and then on resume, they don't auto save anymore.

Lastly, because of the issues mentioned, I have to manually Alt-A all the headers to save the attachments, NP barks at me during the saving process with 'Not enough memory' (or something like that, can't remember the exact words) and then just refuse to shut down. I have to kill it and lose the new headers in the process.

And thanks for such a good product. nothing comes close. Altho if you can try to reduce the memory footprint with large groups, it'll be perfect.

Regards,
JK
tanjk

Post by tanjk »

Alex you around? Or anybody can help?

Regards,
JK
Bodach

Re: Can't Alt-K to download & save + some other Q

Post by Bodach »

tanjk wrote:Hi Alex,
<snip>
In a related note, is there any way to automatically download and save (ala Alt-K) incomplete messages? I can only download and then save it manually.
<snip>
JK
With the advent of par2 it would be very convenient and practical if NewsPro had the ability to download and save partial files without going to the extra steps of finding the header after the fact and manually saving.