Save of attachments does not work

Post Reply
marcusebner
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:00 pm

Save of attachments does not work

Post by marcusebner »

Hi!

I have downloaded the messages with attachments correctly but sometimes it happens that the attachements are not saved. Also when i click save attachment the save dialog is shown the number is increased but nothing is saved.
there is not even any message (error or info) shown.
I have enough disk space and so on..

Can you give me a tip why sometimes an attachment cannot be saved.

It canbe saved as text or source but not as attachment?

Has anyone else expirenced this?
alex
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Post by alex »

it happens if there is nothing to save.

you can save the first part source and if you see something there emai it to me or give me the message coordinates. if it is a short message without meaningful body it is a kind of malicious post.
marcusebner
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:00 pm

Post by marcusebner »

alex wrote:it happens if there is nothing to save.
:wink: Yes i saw it
alex wrote:you can save the first part source and if you see something there emai it to me or give me the message coordinates. if it is a short message without meaningful body it is a kind of malicious post.

I dont know what you exactly means "first part source" but I assume that you mean the first message out of in my case 24 messages. I have several of this messages which cannot be downloaded. The frustated thing is that I dont know or even can see whats going on in newspro. Could you add some logs, messages so that the user knows what is going on.

One task is saved but only partially. In this case from "part10" only 247kb are saved but the complete rar file must have something more than >1MB (at least I guess around 15MB)

I can save the first message and it has 650KB (648kb zipped). Should I sent you this via email?

I tried to download from alt.binaries.startrek the message:

Subject: Read The NFO [03/66] - yEnc "Enterprise 4x02 - Storm Front Part 2 WS SVCD.part01.rar" (01/24)
From: Yenc-Poster@yenc-post.org (JamesTKirk)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 05:10:46 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.multimedia.startrek,alt.binaries.startrek

=ybegin part=1 line
=128size=15000000name=Enterprise4x02-StormFrontPart2WSSVCD.part01.rar
=ypart begin=1 end=640000

[ ... more... ]
alex
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Post by alex »

i don't see any problem with this particular file, i saved and opened it in winrar, no problem.

do you have zone alarm or something that could corrupt downloads? they could also in theory come corrupted from the server. i don't see spaces in yenc header, maybe it is how you copied it (i don't know whether it matters at all).

From: Yenc-Poster@yenc-post.org (JamesTKirk)
Sender: Yenc-Poster@yenc-post.org
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.multimedia.startrek,alt.binaries.startrek
Subject: Read The NFO [03/66] - yEnc "Enterprise 4x02 - Storm Front Part 2 WS SVCD.part01.rar" (01/24) ... (24/24) - Reassembly
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 05:10:46 GMT

=ybegin part=1 line=128 size=15000000 name=Enterprise 4x02 - Storm Front Part 2 WS SVCD.part01.rar
=ypart begin=1 end=640000
marcusebner
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:00 pm

Post by marcusebner »

alex wrote:do you have zone alarm or something that could corrupt downloads? they could also in theory come corrupted from the server. i don't see spaces in yenc header, maybe it is how you copied it (i don't know whether it matters at all).
Yes I have zone alarm running but normally it works that I can save the file.

What does this mean I have to turn off zone alaram that I can save?? or to download it correctly?

Well I want a firewall but I also want to download things. Do you have a suggestion how to fix this problem?
marcusebner
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:00 pm

Post by marcusebner »

I tried now another firewall and it works now (at least this time).

Maybe you could still add some messages so that I could give you a better debug infos what went wrong.

thx for your help.
skooter
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:20 pm

Post by skooter »

The problem is with Zone Alarm. It corrupts and does not handle Yenc files. Its slated for repair in an upgraded version.

.........skooter
Post Reply