Auto delete save folder (remove directory) when empty

RDC

Auto delete save folder (remove directory) when empty

Post by RDC »

I changed my set-up to have 2 disks. 1 for saving the attachments and a 2nd for the unrared folder/files.
I noticed that even though I say that after successful unrar all files need to be cleared that the actual (empty) folder isn't removed from the save folder.

I can't seem to find an option in UE to do so automatically. Is there a way to clear up the save folder after successful unrar?

PS: I searched the forum, so sorry if I missed this posted before, but 'delete', 'save' and 'folder' are all ignore-words in the search option. Wasn't helpful. ;)
alex

Re: Auto delete save folder (remove directory) when empty

Post by alex »

I've rebuilt the search index.

It saves rar files to the save folder, after successful unrar only rar files are deleted.

Do you use the auto download option so it creates directory per every download?
RDC

Post by RDC »

Yes, I use the auto download option which creates the base folder for the attachments to be saved in. This folder is then not removed when all other files are deleted. leaving the base folder empty.

Apart from this issue, it would also be nice to have an option something like at the end, moving the folder as there is nothing to unrar but all files are received correctly. This would mean that if you download files (say MP3's) that aren't RARed, that on completion of the download of the collection, the complete folder is moved to the 'unrar' destination drive/folder.

What I'm trying to say I guess, is that I'm looking for a temporary working folder and on completion (correctly downloaded AND/OR unrared) move to another folder. All to keep the process organized and simple to check.
Basically this needs to be split up for RARed and non-RARed situations.

Thanks for your time.
Marek

Post by Marek »

Yeah I completely agree with the OP.
I'm in the same situation where I use 2 drives for all my downloads.
I initiate all my downloads with ALT + D, where it then downloads to a temp directory where after its done its transferred to a different drive.

For me it would be good if the initial folder it creates is made from the RAR name and not the header name, if that was the way UE worked then i would use just 1 drive for everything.
I just want to try cut down as much manual folder deletion/renaming/moving

I do realise that MP3's are a challenge since they are not packed and the initial folder it creates needs to be created from the header to keep the album all together and i guess they will still need to be manually renamed.
I have noticed that as a collection the main MP3's i download (efnet uploads) have the album name contained in " " maybe it would be possible to derive folder save name from this?

I have tried many times to look through the options to try make my life easier

just my 2 cents

thanks for a great app alex
jd

Post by jd »

I'd like to get this very old topic back to the top. I'm in the same situation. Many empty folders that do not get deleted.