Filter bar question

plasmannc

Filter bar question

Post by plasmannc »

One thing I miss from NP is the filtering capability. Other than that at present UE is great fast, and resource friendly.

I have read several threads on this board concerning the use of the filter bar that have left me sonewhat confused.

Lets say I open a NG and get new headers. All I want to see in the header window are the newest ones. At present I see both new headers (red) and older headers (black). If I check the "new" box on the filter bar all that happens is a "blue dot" appears next to the new headers. If I check the "old" box the same dot now appears next to the old headers. Similar things happen if I check the other boxes.

I have gotten the impression from past threads that all I should see in this above example is only the new headers. (Used to be able to do this with filters in NP) Am I missing something or is the behavior described above correct with just the dots marking the selection?

Alex the more I use UE the better I like it ! Keep it going :D

Thanks to all

Allan
alex

Post by alex »

i'm adding it now. read the sticky post in the development section.

it will include initial filters, kill and watch/auto filters panes.

because of the quick filter bar there will be no message filter dialog but you'll be able to apply a set of filters (every filter will have a name associated with it) through a combo box. we'll see then whether it will be enough.

i cannot adopt code from newspro except for limited code from properties panes, but all is manageable.