Scrolling problem

kheldar01

Scrolling problem

Post by kheldar01 »

I have a minor problem related to the scroll bar in the group view window.

I describe what happens to me (using 1.08 trial)
Launch UE
(all groups set to unload state by default).
I select all my subscribed groups (some of these have more than 2.5 millions of headers while others only over 40k) and with right click i choose get new headers.
After that I wait till all the tasks in taskmanager complete.

Now I double click on a group to open it. No quick filter applied.
In group view window there are old and new articles mixed
(I use order by date)
I scroll down the window using the scroll bar (always there) but when i reach at the end of the list of the articles the last article line of is half hidden by the window bottom border.
I can read only the upper half of the line. I keep clicking on scroll bar, but there is no way to display the half lower part of the words of the last article.

This happens on all the groups when I double click them after I got new headers.
To correct this I simply check the new quick filter and when the window refreshes its content last article is shown full and then till I unload the group and get new headers again, this problem never happen again.
alex

Post by alex »

is any newsgorup window open while you are downloading headers?

as it works now if all newsgroup windows are closed there should be no such problem, you should have exactly the same picture after getting new headers or just after starting the program.

can you reproduce this problem e.g. for a newsgroup from news.microsoft.com? - if you can - try to describe in more detail (newsgroup name, etc.) how i can reproduce it here.

there is no connection to the thread you put your message initially, the thread was about an isolated problem which had been competely resolved, so i moved your post to a separate thread.
kheldar01

Post by kheldar01 »

Ok i tested a bit more. Here more info

Problem happens even when i'm not downloading headers. I can reproduce almost always.

I'm using newshosting.com
subscribed to a lot of binaries anime related group (alt.binaries.anime, alt.binaries.dvd.anime
alt.binaries.multimedia.anime
and so on... all with heavy binary traffic.

Starting test:
All newsgroup tab closed. No task active in taskmanager

I double click to open alt.binaries.anime (~180k articles), scroll down with scroll bar (clicking on bottom arrow of the scroll bar) till last article: only upper half left of words in the line is showed. No filter active. Split window button is released. All articles were marked old by me last time I unloaded the group.

Now I double click to open another group
alt.binaries.dvd.anime
here all articles are marked new (over 1.7 millions of articles)
I scroll down clicking on the bottom arrow of the scroll bar till last line, same problem, only upper half of word showed.

Now the suprise: i click on the tab of the first group I opened alt.binaries.anime and .... last line is showed good.
I click back on alt.binaries.dvd.anime tab and that shows good too now.

If i choose a filter and I apply to a window with last line corrupted, the window repaint itself with no more errors.

Next I choose advanced-> unload on both groups.
No tabs open now.
I repeat the same steps reopening both groups... same problem.

The problem seems happen only when I first open a group and I scroll on last line without using filters, clicking on other tabs... basically without forcing a refresh of the window.

I hope this can help
Invader

Post by Invader »

Alex, I also get this message view problem as well. Like kheldar01 once It redraws its fine.

I have a couple of capture shots, if you would like to see it..
alex

Post by alex »

you can send me your database in one or another way depending on size.
Invader

Post by Invader »

What address to send it to you. I can reproduce it with the database of 546k. Thinking it has something to do with the horizontal scroll bar now.
alex

Post by alex »

546k you can send by email e.g. to support at usenetopia.com

if the view is ok after switching tab, maybe part of window is not invalidated, i need to see it.
Invader

Post by Invader »

I'm sending the screen captures I took.
alex

Post by alex »

ok thanks i can see it now, in short in this case the very bottom header is behind the horizontal scroll bar, i'll fix it in the next release.
kheldar01

Post by kheldar01 »

Thanks for the fast response Alex and for the fast fix, as usual 8)
Invader

Post by Invader »

Excellent. :D
alex

Post by alex »

ok i called recalculating scroll range second time (after the mfc framework sets scroll bars) and the problem is gone then. so it will be fixed in v1.1