Auto-rename issue

SiskoBen

Auto-rename issue

Post by SiskoBen »

Hi,

I really love the auto-rename feature of UE however putting the brackets ( and ) in the filename prevents QuickPar from recognizing the files. putting dots . does work.

i.e.

filename (2).ext does not work
filename.2.ext does work

Is there any way of changing the autorenaming naming?

Best regards
SiskoBen
Hubert

Post by Hubert »

In my hands it works perfectly. The "("-character is a legal character, so there is no reason why it shouldn't work. I can generate PAR2 with Quickpar as well as let UE generate them. In both cases they verify the original files without any problems.

Perhaps you are using an older version of PAR? I use Quickpar version 0.9.1.
Regards, Hubert
SiskoBen

Post by SiskoBen »

Weird.

I use the monitor feature of Quickpar and when i'm done downloading the parts (some of which might be damaged) i proceed to downloading any reposted parts if needed.
Of course those reposted parts are having the same name as the initially downloaded damaged parts. Saving goes fine but Quickpar 0.9.1 doesn't pick those up while monitoring. Only when i manually rename the files from filename (2).ext to filename.2.ext does Quickpar 'notice' the 'duplicates'.

I will try to see if i can narrow the cause and effects down even more.

Greetings,
SiskoBen
Hubert

Post by Hubert »

Do I understand you correctly? Are you replacing 'damaged' parts by newly downloaded parts having (n) behind the filenames? Of course Quickpar cannot recognize these and you have to rename them.

You could delete the 'damaged' parts before you download the replacements. If they have the exact same names, my understanding is that all will go fine.
Regards, Hubert