Yenc CRC error 20016 [ZoneAlarm 5.1.01 bug - garbled data]

Barrie

Yenc CRC error 20016 [ZoneAlarm 5.1.01 bug - garbled data]

Post by Barrie »

i get this error in every group and with 2 different servers.
When i switch off Yenc the file is corrupted.
I reinstalled, reset database but no effect.
Seems mysterious to me...

Thanks

Barrie
alex

Post by alex »

if you get it with a certain post from both servers (check the task manager article errors pane whether it is the case) - most probably the post is corrupted. if there are pars you may still try to disable yenc errors and use par recovery.

if it is one server - the problem with the server.

if it happens with all posts with different servers - something wrong with your computer (firewall or something else that sits in the middle between newspro (application level) and lower network level.
Hubert

Re: Yenc CRC error 20016

Post by Hubert »

Barrie wrote:i get this error in every group and with 2 different servers.
When i switch off Yenc the file is corrupted.
I reinstalled, reset database but no effect.
Seems mysterious to me.
Hello,
If you recently upgraded ZoneAlarm, it is very likely that the new version of ZA is the culprit. In that case go back to the previous version, and have a look at:
http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/boar ... e.id=19158
Regards, Hubert
Barrie

Post by Barrie »

YES!
That was it, i disabled zonealarm and problems are over!
Thanks very much

Barrie
alex

Post by alex »

here is another report that may be relevant to the subject:

"Letting you know: the most recent Zone Alarm update, version 5.1 (free version only) [setup file: zlsSetup_51_011.exe] is corrupting YENC files. You can confirm this in the user forum on the Zonealarm website. Removing or going back to an earlier version restores YENC functionality. I suggest you post this info on your update site - it took a week for me to discover the root cause."

zonealarm users can report it to their forum link above so they'll fix the problem. i don't use ZoneAlarm myself but it had a long history of troubles, they fixing them but then something else pops up.