Download speeds under 0.2 KBs/second

PlayWithFire

Download speeds under 0.2 KBs/second

Post by PlayWithFire »

I have no idea what i did, but for some reason everything is downloading with speeds fluctuating between 0.1KB/sec - 0.2KB/sec.
I know it's not paused, but i am sure some other setting has been changes. Is there a way to reset the setting?
alex

Post by alex »

do you see any errors in the task manager (tasks menu->task manager) or maybe mishaps in the task manager "console" pane?

error panes are question sign tab panes in the task manager, when there is something there the question sign color turns from gray to red.

usually you get such kind of speed if server credentials are not valid, there is small bandwidth taken to failed authentication, also server blocking account because of exceeding of the number of connections, things like that.
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

Check you don't have a disabled server. For example, if you have a few servers which have low retention or different available groups but another (disabled) server which would pick the articles up then you would still see slight bandwidth usage as the low retention servers are in use (returning no such article to UE). In this case, UE would report no errors
alex

Post by alex »

also it may happen if you are trying to download something which has already expired from the server, then you'll see "no such article" errors in console as mishaps and eventually as errors, newsreader sends article requests, server replies "no such article" for every part, the server may reply with delay so the bandwidth is low.
PlayWithFire

Post by PlayWithFire »

there was no error in the console
since i didn't have any custom setting and just one newsserver, i simply removed UE and reinstalled it.
that fixed the issue, so it was probably something i screwed up in the settings.