Message threads

bobdub

Message threads

Post by bobdub »

NewsPro is so close to becoming the only newsreader that I need, and well worth every penny. However, the way it handles message threads makes me use another program when I want to read text groups. It would be awesome if message threads were handled the way they are with Agent or Dialog. At the very least, it would be nice if the leader in a thread would turn to an "unread" status when new messages arrive under the thread, so I don't have to expand all threads to see when new messages have arrived.

thanks!
alex

Post by alex »

You can also see new messages through a filter (edit menu->message filter or predefined edit menu->apply filter), 'messages' 'are' 'new' extract.

The color of the '+' sign will indicate that a child is new (generally blue means filter match and grey - non-match, just in this case match means 'new'). When you expand such a thread - the color of rombus will indicate which children are new (but also you'll see the difference in the color of the header).

I'm working on better threading code (mostly more filter options and better grouping of children), maybe I'll check other programs when it will be closer.
bobdub

Post by bobdub »

thanks... I want Newspro to be bar none, the best newsreader available. Enhancing text capabilities, i.e threading, might move Newspro from "the best program if you want to..." to "the best program for pretty much anything you want to do on usenet".